College Financial Issues
College Financial Issues?
- You don't have to be rich to attend
- What if financial aid is Not Enough
- What is Financial Aid
What is Financial Aid?
The money that is supplied by some source of
outside the family to help pay for the cost of a student's education
beyond high school. Listed below are the categories, types and sources
of financial aid.
- Need Based
- Non-Need Based (Merit)
- Grants and Scholarships
- Student Employment
SOURCES OF FINANCIAL AID
Financial Aid Do's!
- Learn all you can about financial aid.
- Research all possible sources of financial aid.
- Create a plan of action early on.
- Request college admissions & financial aid information from the
school you wish to attend.
- Know when financial aid applications are due.
- Know who or where to submit financial aid applications to.
- Complete entire application accurately & Legibly.
- Mail financial aid application before the deadline to ensure
- Respond promptly if asked for additional information.
- Keep a copy of your records of everything you send out!
- Ask questions when you are unsure!
(A misunderstanding can cost you money and possibly financial aid.)