ACT Test Preparation and Study Guide
ACT Preparation Tips
Take the PSAT to find out what areas you need to work on and gain
experience with the test format.
Look at a study book, either check one out from a public library or
the school or buy your own. They are available for both the SAT and the
Check out the preparation areas of each test's website. Both sites
provide study material, practice questions and tests, and study tips.
The SAT site can be found here and the ACT site can be found here.
ACT Study Guides
1. Get plenty of sleep the night before the test.
2. If you feel nervous, try to relax by taking a few deep breaths.
3. Maintain confidence and plan to do your best. Your attitude can
affect your performance.
4. Listen carefully to instructions and ask questions if you don't
5. Focus your attention entirely on your work.
6. Position your answer sheet next to your test so that you can make
your answers quickly and accurately.
7. Before answering each question, read it completely, as well as all
the possible responses.
8. When you are unsure of an answer, choose the one you think is best
and go on to the next question. Be sure to answer every question.
9. Pace yourself throughout the test by occasionally checking the
10. If you complete the test before the time is up, reread the
questions and check your answers.