Telephone Follow-up Tips
Consider Using Adaptations of These Key Phrases in Your Follow-Up
Letters after Phone Calls
- As you requested in our telephone conversation this morning, I
am enclosing a copy of my resume for your perusal.
- As you can see from my resume, I have some excellent secretarial
- In reference to our telephone conversation, enclosed is my sales
and marketing resume; I believe the one you have is written toward a
- I am a bright, articulate, and well-groomed professional with
excellent telemarketing skills, sales instincts, and closing
abilities. I am seeking a dynamic position with a reputable firm. I
would like to meet with you in person to discuss how I could
contribute to the effectiveness of your clients' operations.
- Again, thank you for your flexibility and for working out this
time for us to meet at my convenience.
- Please remember me if something arises that would tie in with my
- My many long-term professional relationships would benefit any
employer in this area.
- I'd like to meet with you to tell you more about my background
and to show you some of the training and marketing materials I've
developed. This would give you a better picture of my capabilities.
- As you suggested when we spoke last week, I have enclosed my
resume for your review and consideration. I contacted you on the
recommendation of __________ of __________, who thought that you may
have an interest in my qualifications for a position in the near
- I have long admired __________ for its innovations in the
industry, and I would consider it a tremendous career opportunity to
be associated with your organization.
Sample Follow-Up Letters
(Full Postal Address)
Country, Postal Code
Attention: Employer's Name & Title
1st Paragraph: Tell the interviewer
why you are writing, emphasizing your continued interest. Name the
position that you interviewed for & the date that you were interviewed
2nd Paragraph: Remind the interviewer of any
important information that you want to stress including any related
qualifications that were skipped over during the interview.
3rd Paragraph: Close with confirmation of your
availability for further interviews and advise the employer that you
will contact him in a few days to inquire on the status of your