Sixth Grade Teacher
September 1996 - Present
Alexandria Elementary, Los Angeles, CA
• Design and implement 6th grade curriculum and lesson plans to 20-35
students from multicultural backgrounds.
• Adapt materials and instructional methods to the interests, needs,
and abilities of groups and individual pupils.
• Integrate evaluation strategies that are appropriate to the students
and are aligned with the goals of the lesson.
• Provide a learning environment in which emphasis is placed upon the
development of a positive pupil self-image.
• Communicate with parents regarding the status of student's learning.
Third/Fourth Grade Teacher
September 1994 - June 1996
Sultana Elementary, Ontario, CA
• Developed lesson plans and instructed in multiple subjects including
Reading, Mathematics, Science, and Language Arts.
• Identified individual pupil needs and called upon the services of
resource personnel as necessary.
• Participated in and conducted parent-teacher conferences
• Planned and supervised class field trips.
Fall 1992 - Spring 1994
Early Academic Outreach, Pitzer College, Claremont, CA
• Provided tours of campus to students aged 5-17 from low-income areas.
• Assisted in planning of campus visitations by elementary, junior
high, and high schools.
• Created advertising for visitations, answered phones, and copied
Vina Danks Elementary, Ontario, CA
• Counseled middle school students from multicultural backgrounds in
• Tutored students in small groups in various subject areas.
Claremont Graduate School, Claremont, CA
Master of Arts, Education & California Teaching Credential, May
Pitzer College, Member of the Claremont Colleges, Claremont, CA
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, May 1994