Sample Interview Questions for Teachers
- Name 5 adjectives to describe yourself.
- What would your former students/cooperating teachers say about
you? Or what would you like your former students/cooperating
teachers to say about you?
- Describe how you would organize your (grade level) classroom.
- What centers would you have in your classroom? Or Name five
centers your would have in your classroom.
How would you accommodate different learning styles when teaching
(subject, i.e. math)?
- What would you do if one of your students said an assignment you
just gave was boring/stupid and refused to do it?
- Tell me about a successful lesson you gave during your student
teaching. Why do you consider it to be successful?
- How would you set up your reading program?
- What is your philosophy on discipline?
- What novel or professional journal have you read in the past
three months? Why did you read it?
- How do you know you have had an effect on your students?
- Name three innovative teaching techniques you have used.
- How do you show affection to your students?
- Describe the perfect school.
- How would you accommodate for non-English speaking students and
parents in your classroom?
- How would you maintain communication with your student’s
parents, outside of report cards?
- What are the ingredients for a perfect lesson?
- How would you involve parents in the classroom?
- How would you incorporate technology in the classroom?
- How do you accommodate for different learning styles?
- How would you like your parents, teachers and students to think