Resume Dos and Don'ts
• Research job descriptions to target your resume effectively
• Read between the lines: What does the employer want?
• Be selective: Emphasize your key relevant skills and experience
• Tell the truth
• Allow time to perfect your resume
• Ask someone to review your resume
• Watch out for misspellings or typographical errors — proofread
• Learn to convert your resume for e-mail.
• Don't use templates; they are too rigid.
• Don't use a resume-writing service. Your resume needs to be your
• Don't rely on attaching your resume to e-mail cover letters. Find
out how to e-mail!
• Don't expect the same resume to work in all marketplaces. Target