Functional Resume Template and Format
A functional resume summarizes your professional "functions" or
experience and avoids or minimizes your employment history.
- De-emphasizes short-term work history, since it outlines
transferable work skills
- Useful for recent graduates who don't have a lot of professional
experience in their field, but do have relevant coursework or
- Minimizes dates, for "returning employees" after an absence from
- Emphasizes skills you have that haven't been used in recent work
- Hard to know what the applicant's duties were in previous
Below is a template of functional resume:JAYLA KLINE
101 Sydney Way * Chapel Hill, NC 27516 * (919) 555-1122
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Master of Regional Planning, Expected May 2004
Specialization: Land Use Planning
University of Virginia,
Bachelor of Arts, May 2002
Major in Environmental Science
- Created and implemented database for development
- Researched and analyzed Master Plan for environmentally
- Drafted greenbelt proposal.
- Investigated and implemented paper recycling program at
University of Virginia.
Organization and Management
- Administered day camp registration and maintained files
- Provided prompt and efficient services to day camp
- Managed all financial record and coordinated billing for
- Organized and maintained employer literature and
job vacancies for career library.
Written and Verbal Communication
- Designed and distributed agricultural-tourism
- Presented recommendations for greenbelt and Master Plan
at public meetings.
- Assisted students with career searches at career
- Solved daily conflicts through direct contact with day
- Word Processing skills include WordPerfect and Microsoft
- Knowledge of FileMaker Pro, HyperCard and Access.
- Familiar with PageMaker and Geographic Information
Harris YMCA, Manassas, Virginia. Day Camp Registrar.
Moore County Planning, Fairfax, Virginia. Intern.
Summer 2000 - Spring 2001.
Career Development Center, Roanoke, Virginia.
Librarian. Fall 1999 - Spring 2000.
More: Free Example of