Free Downloadable Resume Template
Meg A. Hurtz
463 South Summit, Apt. 36
Bowling Green, OH 43402
To use my analytical skills, ability to
communicate ideas, commitment to perform quality work, and relevant
experience to improve efficiency and enhance supplier relations.
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green,
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, May 1997
- Purchasing and Materials Management, and Production and
- 3.95 G.P.A.
- Personally financed 75% of college expenses through summer
J.J. Case Company Racine, WI
Materials Analyst - Summer 1996
- Expedited 18.9 million dollars of parts in
a world class manufacturing operation.
- Accountable for the timely delivery of
more than 1200 different parts from both foreign and domestic
- Controlled inventory through extensive
interaction with the production department and with on-line workers
to ensure accurate daily inventory records and requirement
- Attended daily meetings with Materials
Manager to evaluate supplier performance and develop alternatives to
- Participated in supplier rationalization
and cost reduction project.
- Audited work teams during annual physical
inventory to assure accurate counts and adherence to procedures.
- Participated in the implementation of a
new computerized manufacturing system.
United Technologies Corporation, Pratt and
Whitney Aircraft Division Hartford, CT
Purchasing Intern - Summer 1995
- Analyzed purchases of aircraft engine
components according to engine-build schedule, expediting raw
material, receiving, shipping, promise dates, and cost analysis with
domestic suppliers and international partners.
- Generated twenty-two blanket purchase
order contracts with main suppliers, saving $900,000.
- Initiated two three-year contracts
accounting for 3.1 million total dollars with suppliers.
- Gained knowledge of governmental
regulations for military engine procurement.
General Electric Aricraft Engines Cincinnati,
Inventory Control Specialist - Summer 1994
- Gained an excellent understanding of
Automated Inventory Systems. Maintained direct interface with MRP
and VAX computer systems.
- Resolved discrepencies in
shipments/recripts, in-transit counts and cycle counts which
- Trained hourly employees in proper
material handling procedures. Established a productive relationship
with hourly union employees.
- Proficient in LOTUS, MINITAB statistical
package. Harvard Graphics and WordPerfect
- Studied French language for three years
and lived in France for ten weeks.
- National Association of Purchasing
- Bowling Green State University Purchasing
Club - Vice President
- American Production and Inventory Control
- Undergraduate Student Government -
Computing Council Representative
References available upon request