Do's and Don'ts for the job interview
- DO arrive before the appointed time. This will give you a chance
- DO act polite but not over polite. "Yes Sir," "No Sir," and
"Thank You" can appear to insincere if used too frequently.
- DO act confident but not over-confident.
- DO shake hands firmly and stand until offered a chair.
- DO thank the employer for the interviewing you.
- DON'T use the interviewer's first name unless asked.
- DON'T take anyone with you to the interview.
- DON'T smoke or chew gun, even if the interviewer does.
- DON'T tell a prospective employer about other companies that
turned you down.
- DON'T apologize for lack of experience or training; stress your
strong points instead, such as you ability to learn quickly, assume
- DON'T watch the clock.
- DON'T ask to use the company telephone.
- DON'T put anything on the interviewers desk.
- DON'T mention influential friends or acquaintances in the
- DON'T try to be funny.
- DON'T make elaborate promises.
- DON'T plead for a job.
- DON'T hang around after the interview.
- DON'T forget: You are the winning candidate for the job!!!