Business Interview Questions
The following business interviewing questions will help you analyze
your background and identify your qualifications. Relate your answers to
the position you are seeking.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why did you choose this college and how did you arrive at this
- What factors did you consider in choosing your major?
- Of the courses you have had at college, which courses have you
enjoyed the most?
- Describe how your favorite course has contributed to your career
- What is your GPA? How do you feel about it? Does it reflect your
- Since you have been at college, what is it that you are proudest
- How have you changed personally since starting college?
- What has been your greatest challenge?
- If you could change a decision you made while at college what
would you change and why?
- Why did you choose the campus involvements you did? What did you
gain? What did you contribute?
- Describe a leadership role of yours and tell why you committed
your time to it.
- In a particular leadership role you had, what was your greatest
- Give me an example of an idea that has come to you and what you
did with it?
- Give me an example of a problem you solved and the process you
- Give me an example of the most creative project that you have
- What work experiences have been most valuable to you and why?
- Tell me about a project you initiated?
- Describe the project or situation that best demonstrates your
- Since attending college, what is the toughest decision that you
have had to make?
- What have the experiences on your resume taught you about
managing and working with people?
- Tell me about your most difficult decision and how did you go
about making it?
- How have your educational and work experiences prepared you for
- What types of situations put you under pressure, and how do you
deal with pressure?
- Give me a situation in which you failed, and how you handled it?
- Why are you interested in our organization?
- What type of position are you seeking?
- Where do you think your interest in this career comes from?
- What industry besides this one are you looking into?
- Why have you chosen this particular profession?
- What interests you about this job?
- What challenges are you looking for in a position?
- What makes you think you can handle this position?
- What can you contribute to this company?
- Why should my company be interested in you?
- What goals have you set for yourself? How are you planning to
- What is your most significant accomplishment to date?
- To what do you owe your present success?
- What motivates you?
- What turns you off?
- If I asked the people who know you well to describe you, what
three words would they use?
- If I asked the people who know you for one reason why I
shouldn't hire you, what would they say?
- Of the hobbies and interests listed on your resume what is your
favorite and tell me why?
- When you take on a project do you like to attack the project in
a group of individually?
- Describe the type of manager you prefer.
- What are your team-player qualities? Give examples.
- Tell me about a team project of which you are particularly proud
and your contribution?
- Describe a situation where you had to work with someone who was
difficult, how did you handle it?
- What type of work environment appeals to you most?
- With which other companies are you interviewing?
- What characteristics do you think are important for this
- Why do you feel that this company will be a career for you
rather than a job?
- Name two management skills that you think you have?
- What characteristics are most important in a good manager? How
have you displayed one of them?
- We are looking at a lot of great candidates; why are you the
best person for this position?