Online Diploma in Pet Groomer
The Penn Foster Career School Pet
Groomer program helps you learn the skills you need to begin a career as
a Petr Groomer. You'll get training in:
- Maintenance and care of kennels and crates
- Dog types, personalities, and handling
- Cat types, personalities, and handling
- Anatomy and health care of dogs and cats
- Equipment use and care
With the right credentials, you can:
- Work for a grooming salon, pet shop, or start your own business.
- Work for a veterinary clinic or kennel.
Demand for Pet Groomers will increase 22% by 2012*. Because pet
ownership is on the rise, there's an increasing demand for skilled
professionals to keep dogs and cats bathed, brushed, and trimmed!
* Growth figures represent a ten-year period ending 2012. Source:
"National Industry-Occupation Employment Matrix," a publication of the
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.