Online Associate Degree in PC Maintenance Technology
There are certain skills you need to
begin a career as a PC Maintenance Technician. The Penn Foster Career
School PC Maintenance Technology AST Degree Program helps you learn them
quickly and conveniently. Develop these skills and more:
- Installing, troubleshooting, and operating software and hardware
- Performing maintenance tasks on computers and networks
- Working with notebooks, laptops, and PDAs
- Working with Internet applications and Internet security
- Learning programming in CGI/Perl and Java and advanced database
With the right credentials and experience, you can:
- Work in a career expected to grow 30% by 2012.*
- Work for businesses of all types that rely on computers.
- Work for an existing repair business, or begin one of your own.
As more companies do business on the Internet and more households
make purchases online, more computers are needed. That means more
employment opportunities for you!
*Growth figures represent a ten-year period ending 2012. Source:
"National Industry-Occupation Employment Matrix," a publication of the
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.