Online Diploma in Desktop Publishing & Design
The Penn Foster Career School Desktop
Publishing and Design Program helps you learn the skills you need to
begin a career in Desktop Publishing and Design. You'll get hands-on
- Using Adobe PageMaker software
- Page layout, elements of design, illustration, and printing
- Planning and designing single-page or multi-page documents
- Selecting, sizing, and placing art in documents
- Creating an online document
With the right credentials, you can:
- Work for newspapers, advertising agencies, print shops, or start
your own business.
- Produce newsletters, brochures, corporate reports, catalogs, and
Demand for Desktop Publishers and Designers will increase 29% by
2012.* Many new jobs for Desktop Publishers are expected to emerge in
commercial printing and publishing establishments.
* Growth figures represent a ten-year period ending 2012. Source:
"National Industry-Occupation Employment Matrix," a publication of the
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.