Salary: $8.06-$8.90 hourly / $1,401-$1,548 monthly / Range: 3316
DEFINITION: Under supervision, performs simplified clerical tasks
which consist of a partial fulfillment of entry- and journey-level
clerical work; and performs related duties as required.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: This class provides a vehicle for
persons with developmental and mental disabilities to enter into
regular County employment. Based on the abilities of the individual,
an employee in this class may promote to Clerk Typist I, II or Clerk
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Pulls files; adds the most recent documents to the file, pulls
specific dated items from files.
2. Copies, collates, and staples documents.
3. Sorts and distributes mail and office supplies.
4. Makes simple arithmetic computations and enters numerical
information on forms or into an automated system.
5. Assists other staff and the general public.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS: Any combination of education and experience
that would demonstrate familiarity with general clerical duties.
Ability to: perform routine clerical work; make simple arithmetic
computations; index and alphabetize accurately; meet the public with
tact and courtesy; follow oral and written directions.