Sample TOEFL Listening Questions
Below is a section of TOEFL listening questions. Audio file can also
be accessed by clicking here (WinRAR
1. (A) He can have more than four guests at his graduation.
(B) His brother isn’t going to graduate this semester.
(C) He didn’t know that Jane wanted to be invited.
(D) He’s going to invite Jane.
2. (A) Listen to the traffic report on the radio
(B) Take a later train.
(C) Ron to catch the next train.
(D) Check the weekend schedule.
3. (A) Pelivet the notebook to Kathy.
(B) Pind out where Kathy put the notebook.
(C) Ask Kathy to explain the chemistry notes.
(D) Ask Kathy for the man’s notebook.
4. (A) The walk is shorter than the woman thinks it
(B) The lecture has already started.
(C) They won’t have a problem getting seats.
(D) The lecture may be canceled.
5. (A) The woman should have studied French in
(B) He didn’t study French in high school.
(C) Living in Paris helped improve the woman’s
(D) The woman must have had a good French
6. (A) Apologize to his roommate.
(B) Give the notes to the woman.
(C) Call the woman tonight.
(D) Take the woman’s notes to his roommate.
7. (A) She doesn’t have time to talk to Dr. Foster.
(B) She needs the additional time to finish her
(C) Dr. Foster hasn’t finished grading the
(D) She wants the man to help her with her
8. (A) Phone the Cliffside Inn for a reservation.
(B) Ask her parents to come a different
(C) Call local hotels again in a few days.
(D) Find a hotel again in a few days.
9. (A) Main her some information about the
(B) Drive her to the conference.
(C) Attend the conference in her place.
(D) Collect her main while she’s at the
10. (A)The man should stop by the bookstore on
the way to class.
(B) The man can return the books he doesn’t
(C) The man should have bought his books
(D) The man won’t need books on the first day
11. (A) Help the man with his essay.
(B) Ask Sue to rehearse with her.
(C) Wait to rehearse until the man has finished
(D) Meinerize her lines by herself.
12. (A) Show her the newspaper that he’s talking
(B) Think about getting an internship at
(C) Sign up for more than one journalism class.
(D) Call The Times about the internship.
13. (A)He isn’t as good a tennis player as he used
(B) He hasn’t had time to play tennis recently.
(C) He caught a cold shortly after the
(D) He think he’s more important than he is.
14. (A)He’ll graduate before the woman.
(B) He hopes to graduate before the summer.
(C) He doesn’t want to attend school
(D) The woman won’t be able to keep up the
15. (A) It’s too late to buy the morning newspaper.
(B) He doesn’t want to go to the concert.
(C) The box office is closed today.
(D) All of the tickets have been sold.
16. (A) The woman swims as well as he does.
(B) He doesn’t have time to teach the woman
(C) He doesn’t enjoy swimming.
(D) He learned to swim at a young age.
17. (A) She has already started working on her
(B) She can’t decide on a research topic.
(C) She’d like to discuss her research with the
(D) She has to change the subject of her
18. (A) Introduce the woman to his neighbor.
(B) Get a key from his neighbor.
(C) Study in his neighbor’s apartment.
(D) Borrow some books from his neighbor.
19. (A) The man shouldn’t hire the same tutor that
(B) She isn’t prepared for the midterm exam
(C) It’s too late to find a tutor.
(D) The man should hire a tutor before the
20. (A) Stay in the hotel for at least two nights.
(B) Leave the hotel the next morning.
(C) Ask the hotel clerk for her room key.
(D) Complain to the manager about the extra
21. (A) He doesn’t recommend going to Central
(B) He doesn’t plan to go skiing during spring
(C) He has never been to Central Mountain.
(D) He isn’t an experienced skier.
22. (A) She knows who the top history student is.
(B) She hasn’t read the campus newspaper
(C) The man is mistaken.
(D) It’s surprising that her roommate likes
23. (A) He’s not qualified to proofread the
(B) He’ll be able to talk to the woman in a few
(C) He hadn’t noticed a lot of the woman’s
(D) He thinks the woman should have asked
24. (A) Practice her presentation in front of him.
(B) Find out who her audience will be
(C) Try not to think about her audience.
(D) Watch him make his presentation.
25. (A) She’s also curious about who won the
(B) She didn’t go to the game.
(C) She was sitting right behind the man at the
(D) She also left the game early.
26. (A) Make a shopping list.
(B) Buy some groceries.
(C) Finish making the salad.
(D) Wait for the woman to return.
27. (A) He finds the dictionary very useful.
(B) He knows where the woman put the
(C) he doesn’t expect the woman to replace the
(D) The woman should buy her own dictionary.
28. (A) She plans to miss soccer practice.
(B) She’ll arrive at the party after
(C) Soccer practice will end later than usual.
(D) She’ll go to soccer practice after the party.
29. (A) Dr. Smith told her something important.
(B) Dr. Smith didn’t understand what she said.
(C) She wanted to protect Dr. Smith’s feelings.
(D) She didn’t intend to say what she said.
30. (A) He sells paint supplies.
(B) He plans to take an art class with the
(C) He works as an artist.
(D)He works in an art museum.
31. (A) The cost of meals in the cafeteria.
(B) The size of the cafeteria.
(C) Career opportunities in cafeterias.
(D) The food served in the cafeteria.
32. (A) Giving advice on nutrition.
(B) Cooking food for the students.
(C) Listening to complaints about service.
(D) Serving food to the students.
33. (A) Find other students who will work in the
(B) Collect students’ opinions about meals.
(C) As students to try a new dish he has made.
(D) Teach students about the disadvantages of
34. (A) Stop serving hamburgers and fried
(B) Use less sauce on the food.
(C) Make some of the meals less fattening.
(D) Buy less expensive food.
35. (A) Somewhat curious.
(B) Very skeptical.
(C) Quite irritated.
(D) Not at all interested.
36. (A) That he’ll be performing in a concert.
(B) That he had a conversation with the
director of a choir.
(C) That he heard a new musical composition
by Barbara Johnson.
(D) That he’s been translating some Latin
poems for a class.
37. (A) They’re members of the Latin club on
(B) They work as editors.
(C) They attended the same concert.
(D) Music is their major field of study.
38. (A) She was upset.
(B) She was confused.
(C) She was amused.
(D) She was grateful.
39. (A) Some photographs that he took of her
during the concert.
(B) A tape recording that he made of the
(C) A review of the concert that he wrote for
the campus paper.
(D) The corrected text from the program of the
40. (A) The skills cowboys learned on the range.
(B) The evolution of rodeos.
(C) The recent decline in the popularity of
(D) The growth of the cattle industry.
41. (A) They were small informal events.
(B) Competitors were awarded large prizes.
(C) Large audiences attended them.
(D) There were standard rules for judging
42. (A) It is the only traveling rodeo.
(B) it is the largest agricultural fair.
(C) It is the oldest annual rodeo.
(D) It was the first rodeo to charge admission.
43. (A) How animals react to frightening
(B) Why mice are particularly fearful animals.
(C) Whether fearfulness is a genetic trait.
(D) Why certain animals are feared by humans.
44. (A) They fought with the other mice.
(B) They stayed close to their mothers.
(C) They ran back and forth constantly.
(D) They remained close to one wall.
45. (A) The extent of damage to the nervous
(B) The presence or absence of certain
(C) The size of nerve-cell receptors in the
(D) The level of danger in the mammal’s
46. (A) To show the relationship between
fearfulness and environment.
(B) To give examples of animals that aren’t
(C) To compare fear in mammals to fear in
(D) To identify the nerves that control fear in
47. (A) Why water flows from artesian springs.
(B) How artesian wells are drilled.
(C) Why artesian springs are important to
(D) How aquifers are formed.
48. (A)They pump water from the aquifer.
(B) They purify the water in the aquifer.
(C) They store excess water from the aquifer.
(D) They trap water in the aquifer.
49. (A)By eroding layers of sediment above it.
(B) By traveling through cracks in layers of
(C) By reversing its flow down the aquicludes.
(D) By boiling up through pores in the aquifer.
50. (A) It pushes the water upward.
(B) It keeps the water cool.
(C) It holds the water underground.
(D) It creates holes in the aquiclude.
DDACC BBADC BBDCD DABDB ACDAD BCBDC DDBBA BCDDB ACCDB AADBA