PSAT Preparation Tips: PSAT Study Guide
Warning: array_rand() [function.array-rand]: First argument has to be an array in /home/eduers/public_html/adsense_cj_api.php on line 122
If you are sitting for the
PSAT/NMSQT, you should bring the following to the test
- At least 3 sharpened soft-lead
(No. 2) pencils with erasers.
- A wristwatch to pace yourself
during the test. Do NOT bring a watch that has an alarm function. The
use of scratch paper, notes, or dictionaries is NOT permitted! Scratch
work is to be done in the test booklet.
- Calculators are allowed on the
math section of the exam. Many models are allowed; however, models
with QWERTY (typewriter-style) keyboards are prohibited. PROHIBITED
MODELS include Texas Instruments TI-89 and TI 92; Hewlett-Packard
HP-40G and HP49G; Casio CFX-9970G and Algebra fx 2.0. Handheld or
laptop computers, pocket organizers, and electronic writing pads or
pen-input devices are also not allowed. If you have questions about
whether your calculator is acceptable or not, please contact the
Office of Academic and Enrollment Services for confirmation.
The following test-taking strategies
- Pace yourself to allow time for
- Read the directions for each test
- Read each question carefully.
- Answer the easier questions
- Use logic in more difficult
- Review your work.
- Answer every question because
there is no penalty for guessing.
- Be precise in marking your answer
sheet-stay within the circles.
- Erase all unintended marks
There is a web site that may be useful to you in preparing for this
about PSAT Preparation: