Telephone Follow-up Tips
CollegeInfo.com Features Top Online Universities and campus-based colleges in your area. Enroll today.CollegeInfo.com Works With Over 1300 Online Schools And Campuses. Enjoy The Flexibility Of Online Nursing Schools. Explore Online Nursing Programs at CollegeInfo.com.Looking For Medical Billing And Coding Online Courses? Enroll in online medical billing courses at CollegeInfo.com.
Consider Using Adaptations of These Key Phrases in Your Follow-Up
Letters after Phone Calls
- As you requested in our telephone conversation this morning, I
am enclosing a copy of my resume for your perusal.
- As you can see from my resume, I have some excellent secretarial
- In reference to our telephone conversation, enclosed is my sales
and marketing resume; I believe the one you have is written toward a
- I am a bright, articulate, and well-groomed professional with
excellent telemarketing skills, sales instincts, and closing
abilities. I am seeking a dynamic position with a reputable firm. I
would like to meet with you in person to discuss how I could
contribute to the effectiveness of your clients' operations.
- Again, thank you for your flexibility and for working out this
time for us to meet at my convenience.
- Please remember me if something arises that would tie in with my
- My many long-term professional relationships would benefit any
employer in this area.
- I'd like to meet with you to tell you more about my background
and to show you some of the training and marketing materials I've
developed. This would give you a better picture of my capabilities.
- As you suggested when we spoke last week, I have enclosed my
resume for your review and consideration. I contacted you on the
recommendation of __________ of __________, who thought that you may
have an interest in my qualifications for a position in the near
- I have long admired __________ for its innovations in the
industry, and I would consider it a tremendous career opportunity to
be associated with your organization.
Sample Follow-Up Letters
(Full Postal Address)
Country, Postal Code
Attention: Employer's Name & Title
1st Paragraph: Tell the interviewer
why you are writing, emphasizing your continued interest. Name the
position that you interviewed for & the date that you were interviewed
2nd Paragraph: Remind the interviewer of any
important information that you want to stress including any related
qualifications that were skipped over during the interview.
3rd Paragraph: Close with confirmation of your
availability for further interviews and advise the employer that you
will contact him in a few days to inquire on the status of your