What are Illegal Interview Questions
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/eduers/public_html/adsense_cj_api.php on line 81
Though most employers do not intentionally ask illegal questions
intentionally, it is important to not only know what these questions are
but how to handle answering them should they arise.
The following are sample illegal interview questions:
- Are you a US citizen?
- Where were you/your parents born?
- What is your native language?
- How old are you?
- What’s your birth date?
- What’s your marital status?
- Who do you live with?
- Do you plan on starting a family?
- How many kids do you have?
- How tall are you?
- How much do you weigh?
- Do you have any disabilities?
- How’s your families health?
- Have you ever been arrested?
Handling these questions can be difficult. Legally, you are not
obligated to answer any of the questions listed above. However, if you
feel comfortable answering an illegal interview question, should it
arise, you should not hesitate to answer the question. If you do feel
uncomfortable answering such a question simply tell the interviewer that
you do not feel comfortable answering that question.