Tips and Advices for Pre-Dental Students
Enjoy The Flexibility Of Online Nursing Schools. Explore Online Nursing Programs at CollegeInfo.com.Enroll In Massage Therapy School. Explore schools offering massage therapy classes at CollegeInfo.com.Searching For The Best Pharmacy Schools? Find pharmacy degree programs at CollegeInfo.com.Make The Most Of Your College Planning.. Use CollegeQuest to find a school that best fits you.
Ten Tips for Pre-Dental Students
1. Major in the field which interests you the most, while showing
good ability in science.
2. Explore the field of dentistry; be sure you know the positive and
negative aspects of being a dentist, and about the future of
3. Pursue in-depth, extra-curricular activities which interest you.
Dental schools like interesting people. Leadership skills and the
ability to work with others, particularly in our multicultural
society, are valued.
4. While grades are important, more than academic performance is
considered. Grade trends are important; a less than spectacular year
can be overcome.
5. You will need letters of evaluation from teachers and others who
know you and your work well. These come best from people with whom
you have a "natural relationship," e.g., shared interest in academic
and/or professional matters.
6. Develop your ability to read, write, and think. Only part of
dentistry is science.
7. Pursue an academic interest in depth, e.g., research. However,
research need not be in a laboratory.
8. Selectively enjoy what SLU has to offer. Make friends and do
things. Keep alert to opportunities.
9. Don't let your drive to be a dentist become you. Your worth
should not be measured by your success in getting into dental
10. There are many paths to dental school. People of different
backgrounds, experiences, and ages, etc. all get there.