Online MBA Degree: Distance Learning MBA
Previously the only way to attain an MBA was to enroll full- or
part- time in an academic institution for a number of years. Online
MBA programs are now available and high-level business career
qualifications can now be attained without disrupting current jobs
How is the Online MBA similar to the traditional
- Your academic progress is given the personal attention you
deserve, to ensure that you receive the maximum possible benefit
from your education.
- You are able to freely interact with your professors and
- Personal assistance from your professors is always
- The same distinguished faculty teach all courses.
- Application to the program can be handled on-line.
- You will receive solid experience well-suited to business
management with a strong emphasis on information technology.
How does the MBA Online program differ from our
traditional MBA program?
- Easy access - you're only required to be on campus
twice over the course of the program; at the beginning for
orientation and the end of the spring semester of the 2nd
year for team presentations and graduation. This frees you
from the work-school conflicts that so many graduate
students experience. If you've been sent on a business
trip, you can still access your coursework. It also
means no more commuting, night classes, classrooms, and
restrictive meeting schedules.
- State-of-the-art internet delivery - our online MBA is
a completely online program which lets you access your
course materials using WebCT, CD-ROMS, chat rooms, e-mail,
and on-line forums.
- Sequencing - the course sequence is pre-determined and
the courses are taken in an order that allows for applied
learning. You will complete your MBA degree in exactly two
years, without ever having to worry about course
- Security - you can complete your degree even if your
career requires that you be transferred out of the state or
out of the country.
- Choice - you can take your foundation courses in one of
two ways. You can complete your courses on-line or as
traditional MBA courses.
When considering distance learning MBA, be sure to
- Be sure to verify that any business school or
distance learning MBA program that you select is
accredited with one of the major accreditation bodies.
This can have a significant effect on the value of your
MBA to prospective employers.
- The academic reputation of the business school is
still a very important factor when choosing a distance
learning MBA program. Use resources such as Princeton
Review's Best 282 Business Schools 2007 to help you
select the best business school for you.
- The distance learning MBA requires real focus
together with a significant time commitment. This type
of program requires strong self-discipline and may not
be suitable for everybody. You need to evaluate and
understand your own learning strengths and styles before
undertaking a distance learning MBA program.
- Distance learning can give you the opportunity to
study for an MBA at a business school that may not
otherwise be geographically possible.